ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO 50001:2018 known as Energy Management System (EnMS) prescribes of having a systematic approach towards Energy Management which includes energy efficiency, energy security, energy usage and consumption. In this world, in order to sustain businesses for longer periods it is very essential to conserve and effectively use the resources (energy) available. The latest version, 2018, is modelled after ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015, because of this the Energy Management System helps organizations improve its organizational efficiencies, energy performance and decrease environmental impacts.
What are the benefits of ISO 50001 CERTIFICATION?
- Energy Use: It provides a framework that establishes efficient use of the resources available to any organization and derive maximum output with minimized use of its resources.
- Fossil Fuel Dependency: With the improvement in renewable energy production, the dependency of the organization on fossil resources will decrease in the long term.
- Economic Benefit: The latest trend of the fuel or resources sector is increase in costs, the organization which is committed towards benefiting from ISO 50001:2018 would establish a framework to effectively use resources thus diminishing raising costs of fossil fuels.
- Educated Workforce: Due to the awareness programs during the implementation, the workforce is aware about the Energy Management. This also enhances their involvement in the implementation process.
- Corporate Image: Due to this certification, improved image of the organization can be enhanced in the eyes of interested parties, clients and stake holders. This could also boost the image in market thus leading to more business.
- Reduced Carbon-Footprint: With the implementation of this standard pollution and carbon impact on the environment can be decreased. This also improves the environment around the organization’s premises and helps in having a conducive environment to work in.
Who can get ISO 50001 certification?
Organizations seeking to improve their overall management system by means of Energy Management have to pursue this certification. Manufacturing, mining, food processing and producing industries, transportation industries and all such industries are applicable to be compliant of this standard. Organizations irrespective of size, nature of business and location can apply for this certification. Organizations that need huge amount of power as their input are required to achieve this certification, and in some countries, this may be a compulsion.
ISO 50001 in India
ISO 50001 in Australia
ISO 50001 in Singapore
ISO 50001 in South Africa
ISO 50001 in Mauritius
ISO 50001 in Mozambique
ISO 50001 in Nigeria
ISO 50001 in Eqypt
ISO 50001 in Oman
ISO 50001 in Qatar
ISO 50001 in Bahrain
ISO 50001 in UAE
ISO 50001 in Saudi Arabia
ISO 50001 in Lebanon
ISO 50001 in Kuwait
ISO 50001 in USA
ISO 50001 in Canada
ISO 50001 in Europe
What are the requirements of ISO 50001 CERTIFICATION?
Risks and Opportunities
Any ISO Certification has now adopted risk-based approach hence recognized interested parties have to be considered for risk assessment; risks must be calculated and mitigated. An analysis would also help us understand opportunities that are present within the organization to achieve improvement.
Energy Performance Indicators and Baseline
Any Organization who needs to design, plan and implement energy efficiency needs to understand key parameters to evaluate the performance of the system. The organization must define Energy Performance Indicators (EnPI) and set baselines for energy consumption. CertPro assists to recognize key processes and their controlling parameters through analysis and expertise.
Objectives and Plan
Since ISO 50001 requires organizational level objectives that require effective implementation, this certification requires planning and distribution of the roles and responsibilities among workforce and leaders. Creation of a sustainable plan to not just meet standard requirements, but to also to show continual improvement is a mandate.
Any ISO Certification would require knowledge on the demands of the standard and on the deliverables required to be maintained by the workforce. Trainings on maintaining and reviewing is a requirement.
Critical Operating Parameters
Parameters that are constantly monitored in production processes to analyze deviations in the process are very critical in Energy Management System. This requires expertise to understand the process and recognize the importance of operational parameters to align them with an organization’s energy consumption.
Internal Audit and MRM
Internal audit is a management tool which enables us to evaluate the implementation and performance of the system. Internal Audit training is provided as a part of our implementation methodology. Specific training is given to leaders and top management. Management Review Meeting is an important factor to showcase commitment towards a management system. MRM has a specific method to be performed in order to achieve compliance.
A Quality Management System is a set of an interrelated or interacting elements that an organization uses to formulate its Quality Policies and Objectives and establishes processes needed to achieving them
Here we have tried to guide our readers on How to get an ISO Certification without much hassle. We have tried to cover the different aspects that are important during ISO Certifications.
Total Quality Management (TQM) is a systematic approach for management to achieve long-term success through customer satisfaction. It includes customer focus and integration of quality for continuous improvement.
Answers to the most asked question, What are the Benefits of ISO Certification? Understand steps on using your ISO certification for improved processes, your brand image and overall growth in revenue.